Parental Information and Resource Center
PARENTAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCE CENTER
The Florida Parental Information and Resource Center (PIRC) at the University of South Florida (USF) is a center funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The overall goal of the PIRC is to help families and schools throughout the state work together effectively to increase parental involvement in education so children are:
- better prepared to enter school, and
- their academic achievement increases.
What is the mission of the Florida PIRC at USF?
To empower Florida's families to support children's academic success through leading edge parent involvement practices and partnerships.
What can the Florida PIRC at USF do for you and your child's school?
- Provide training, information, and support services that strengthen the relationship between parents, schools, and early childhood programs to improve academic achievement.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and network to increase family involvement for academic achievement and inform parents of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act, by providing information and resources on topics.
- Use a develop research-based parental involvement practices, activities, programs, and policies that are linked to improving student academic achievement.